The Business-Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC) enables more effective business participation in the political process. We provide the political strategy and tools to help our members reach their electoral and public policy goals. We take an integrated approach to political involvement, combining grassroots advocacy and PAC resources, all directed by nationally recognized political analysis. An independent, nonpartisan organization, BIPAC is supported by several hundred of the nation's leading businesses and trade associations. BIPAC offers a competitive salary and a full benefit package including health, vision and dental insurance, retirement plans and others.
Director, Business Development
The Business-Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC) is looking to hire a Director, Business Development to a full-time position with benefits in our Washington, DC office. This position reports to the Vice President, Member Relations and Development. Compensation for this position includes a competitive base salary plus commission on membership sales.
BIPAC works with a wide variety of business organizations, and the Member Relations and Development team's goal is to keep growing the list of highly satisfied members. The Director, Business Development will be the first line of prospecting, outreach, and introduction to senior-level professionals within prospective member organizations.
Prospect and Outreach
- Target and identify potential member prospects based on BIPAC’s business development strategy
- Develop and qualify leads to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns
- Build, manage, and maintain a list of leads through cadenced outreach to set introductory calls and meetings with prospective members
- In coordination with the VP, Member Relations and Development, create and execute plans and strategies for member recruitment and achieving sales goals
Company and Industry Knowledge
- Understand and remain fully knowledgeable of BIPAC's programs, offerings, technology, and services to educate prospective members and promote BIPAC membership benefits
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback
- Attend relevant industry events and conferences to broaden knowledge of PAC, GOTV, and grassroots programs and to network with potential members
Support for the Member Relations and Development Team
- Organize meeting preparation and follow-up notes for introductory meetings
- Document progress, opportunities, and contacts using Salesforce
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Experience in advocacy software or other software sales desired
- Background or interest in politics and business policy issues is a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office programs, database and internet research. Salesforce experience a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as interact well in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and take initiative
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Melissa Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTES: Additional Salary Information - Compensation for this position includes a competitive base salary plus commission on membership sales.