In Alabama, we are the only trade association representing exclusively the competitive, legislative and related interests of manufacturers and their vendor/supplier partners. In addition to the ongoing work of our active committees and advisory councils, we are serving the manufacturing community through a number of special initiatives. At Manufacture Alabama, we realize that manufacturers and Partner companies are at mutual risk. We also have a mutual opportunity. It's about growth and expansion of manufacturers in Alabama. When manufacturers grow, so do our Partners. Manufacture Alabama is for all for us. We are all in this together.
Manufacture Alabama focuses its efforts toward creating a business and political environment that encourages opportunities for job creation and growth of the state's manufacturers. Manufacture Alabama concentrates on three critical areas:
- ensuring fair and consistent governmental policies, whether it affects taxes, or business and environmental regulation; and,
- addressing the state’s serious infrastructure challenges and seek ways of making Alabama’s infrastructure more responsive to manufacturing need
- addressing workforce development issues that help educate and provide the skills needed to support the manufacturing industry.
There are two ways you can become involved with Manufacture Alabama. You can join as a Member or Partner.
Members are those companies engaged in manufacturing with facilities in the State of Alabama. Full members shall be entitled to one vote on all matters subject to a vote by the membership. This membership level is excluded for industry/manufacturing that is regulated by the PSC.
By becoming a Member, your benefits include those listed below, along with the opportunity to be on the Manufacture Alabama Board of Directors, serve as a Committee Chairperson or serve as an officer of the Association.
- Continued existence and growth through valuable networking opportunities for business development.
- Unsurpassed lobbying at the state and federal level by manufacturers for the benefit of manufacturers.
- A comprehensive weekly legislative report with bill tracking during the legislative sessions.
- Service on one or more of Manufacture Alabama's ten technical committees.
- Website access with valuable up-to-date news for members, a members-only section for all the activities of the associations, and membership listing with a link to company websites.
- Receipt of the association's communication pieces such as the Manufacture Alabama legislative reports and alerts, news and information, etc.
- Listing in the Membership Directory.
- The opportunity to attend Manufacture Alabama meetings.
- JOBS PAC -- Manufacture Alabama's political action committee, bringing political power to the membership. The opportunity for representation on the JOBS PAC Board of Directors.
- Value-added programs including briefings, seminars, workshops, and annual meetings providing "hands on" training on issues critical to manufacturers as well as valuable networking time.
Partners are those companies which provide supplies, consulting, technical services, laboratory, construction, maintenance, transportation, legal, accounting, management, personnel, misc. other services, or otherwise support the manufacturing industries in Alabama.
It's about growth and expansion of manufacturers in Alabama.
Protecting Alabama's manufacturing jobs - that's what Manufacture Alabama is all about.
Standing Up For Free Enterprise • Standing Up For Alabama's Manufacturing Jobs • Affecting Outcomes in Montgomery
David Carroll, Vice President/General Counsel, Hunt Refining, Tuscaloosa